Week 13: Hoʻokipa (to host or entertain; hospitality)

This week, I got to ho‘okipa Daryl, filling this home with deep aloha and joy.

Sharing some of my life from the past weeks was a delight: the morning swims, mālama the gardens (Week 5), catching the bus (including getting lost and serendipitously happening upon unexpected treasures), playing with some of my O‘ahu PicklePals (Week 4), learning with a walking tour of Downtown Honolulu (DoHo) (Week 4), sampling yummy malasadas (Day 4), and watching Patrick perform at a fantastic Thai restaurant (Week 11). 

We also got enjoy new adventures together: like surfing Waikīkī, snorkeling in Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, attending live theater, celebrating Daryl's 68th birthday at an iconic restaurant, and stumbling on a DoHo Night Market with food trucks, vendors, and local performers. 

Daryl arrived on Tuesday evening!

Here's a photo dump of all of the fantastic memories we made this week!

My Seneca Peeps sent birthday wishes for Daryl and also
an alarming image of our home in the aftermath of an apparent AC explosion...

If you are feeling as alarmed as we did, don't fret. It turned out to be a prank generated by our creative Seneca crew with the help of an AI bot. 😱

Here's the real photo:


Briefly ruined a perfectly chill and relaxed Saturday morning for us. Zero stars. Do not recommend.

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to another week of sightseeing (and also catching up on schoolwork 😅). Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. You’re living your best life it seems. I’m so happy for you! Wish I could beam over and join you. I’m so glad Daryl could spend his birthday there with you. What a dream vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone called it our "Hawaiian Honeymoon" and it really does feel like that! So much fun!

      Delete
  2. What a dreamy honeymoon. What was your favorite thing (so far)? Ok, I hate AI, and seeing that horrible AI photo of your house definitely dug that hole deeper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have some news... 🌺

Twenty-four days and counting... ⏰

Week 7: Pilina (Relationship, connection)