I have arrived! 🛬
To be honest, it hasn't really hit me... that I am living in Hawai‘i.
Daryl took me to the airport early (left the house around 3:30 am), and we said our good-byes. I wasn't overcome with emotion like I thought --- but, again, I think it just hasn't hit me, yet.
My San Diego arrival gate was Gate 112, and my departure to Honolulu was Gate 114, so no stress trying to navigate the airport to make my connection!
What struck me upon arrival was, in order to get to baggage claim, we had to walk outside. I was hit with humidity, warmth, and a gorgeous landscape of lush green. It made me stop in my tracks. Suddenly, the go-go-go of travel evaporated, and I just stood on the breezeway and soaked up the sliver of land and green and the scent of spring in Hawai‘i.
The property manager, Harry, picked me up from the airport and gave me a little tour of Chinatown on the way to Mānoa house. He talked story about his life and Chinatown.
After sharing a meal and unpacking, I took a quick dip in the pool, amazed at the verdant garden and the flitting dragonflies.
One of my classmates generously offered to pick me up, so I will be walking the 30-minutes to the University to meet her in person for the first time and start my adventures!



Keep enjoying that pool, the dragonflies, and everything that reminds you of Dad!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am 100% doing just that!
Delete